Job Title: General Warehouse
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
This position receives, stores and distributes material and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching documents to freight and submitting paperwork to CSR for processing.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as item number, SKU number or lot codes.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Bale excess card board material for recycling.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Communication proficiency.
- Organizational skills.
- Mathematical skills.
- Time management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers, electric pallet jack and forklifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Shifts and workdays vary by location.
May be required to move between buildings within the Kennesaw or Acworth locations.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
One year of prior warehouse clerk experience.
Atlanta Bonded Warehouse Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.