Job Title: Industrial Engineer
Atlanta Bonded Warehouse Corporation (ABW), the South’s premier provider of food-grade, temp-controlled distribution services, is seeking an Industrial Engineer to support our expanding operations in the Southeast US and beyond. This individual will work closely with ABW’s operations and IT teams to analyze and improve warehouse and business processes throughout the enterprise.
Experience, Skills and Education for Position
- 5-10 years of relevant experience preferred. Will consider exceptional candidates with less experience and excellent references.
- Experience in distribution operations, especially in the 3PL sector
- Experience in high velocity CPG operations a plus
- Experience with Tier One warehouse management systems
- Experience creating and directing cross functional teams
- Experience with engineered standards and the ability to create systems/processes to accurately track and publish meaningful data
- Experience with co-packaging operations and automated packaging equipment for CPG a plus
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma processes and analysis (prefer Lean)
Skills and Capabilities
- Demonstrated success in process analysis, facility layout planning, and material handling systems. Experience with material handling automation and co-packaging a big plus
- Ability to work well with and/or direct cross functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in a confident yet respectful manner
- Ability to communicate effectively via technical writing (procedural documentation)
- Ability to present ideas to diverse audiences representing various functional areas potentially impacted by his/her recommendations
- Effective at building relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Strong analytical bias when conducting investigations and root cause analysis
- Other Skills and Qualities:
- Strong time management skills
- Strong listening skills
- Skilled at understanding the essentials of processes and problems quickly
- Inquisitive with a creative problem-solving temperament
- Passion for improvement while taking the time to understand existing processes and maintaining respect for those tasked with executing them
- Diplomatic leadership skills
- Skilled using software tools and applications related to developing and monitoring engineered standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Engineering Technology strongly preferred. Non-degreed candidates with extensive relevant experience will be considered.
- Candidates with other engineering/technical degrees and relevant experience will be considered.
- Relevant certifications a plus (Lean, Six Sigma, Engineered Standards)
AAP/EEO Statement -Atlanta Bonded Warehouse Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.